Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Record Desktop with Sound?? (SOlved!!! Hurray)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Record Desktop with Sound?? (Tried almost every tool in KDE)

kira@kira-Satellite-A665:~$ modinfo snd-pcm-oss
    ERROR: modinfo: could not find module snd-pcm-oss
    kira@kira-Satellite-A665:~$
    We're not getting any luck...:/

Comment

I would say that the kernel your using dosent have the module any more ...............but I really dont know..................it works for me

but I'm Kubuntu-10.04 2.6.32-28-generic

VINNY
      i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
      16GB RAM
      Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Have you tried gtk-recordmydesktop ?
        ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright
          I would say that the kernel your using dosent have the module any more ...............but I really dont know..................it works for me

but I'm Kubuntu-10.04 2.6.32-28-generic

VINNY
          MIght be Im 2.6.35.25 :/

Either way im experimenting some stuff and Im guessing that is snd and not dsp where the sound is located now...Thats my guess right now will give some feedback in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by ubuntuku
            Have you tried gtk-recordmydesktop ?
            Yeah and It doesn't even load....:/

Comment

It's working fine here , I'm using svn version though. Please run it from terminal and post the output here.
              ASROCK Z87 Pro4 - i5 4670K - R9 270x ☞ Triple Boot: KDE NEON ★ Windows 10 ★ Windows 7

Comment

It's working fine here , I'm using svn version though. Please run it from terminal and post the output here.

How can I run it from terminal once installed?

Comment

Originally posted by kiraitachi

AA ''Padawan'' one may run any thing in the grate terminal ........just call(type) it's name and press enter

and yes your sound is prob on snd

VINNY
                  16GB RAM

Comment

Just made a screencast for you using gtk-recordmydesktop
                    http://www.youtube.com/v/ZoTm5ZRtLK0?hl=en&fs=1

Comment

hahah.

Recordmydesktop works fine with terminal, I've tried it and records and everything but I get the same output as the other players....The window effects just kills my recorder.

I've tried uploading it but since is .ogv the video just will show a green screen lol.
                      Feeling kind of lazy to change the format.

Im going to try by disabling some effects on my kde window manager because I think the problem is the ''wobbly effect''

Comment

What command did you run, gtk-recordMyDesktop or recordmydesktop? FYI gtk-recordmydesktop is just a graphical frontend for recordmydesktop.

If you want to upload it to youtube you’ll need to convert it to something more common, install mencoder then use this command:
                        Code:
                        mencoder out.ogv -ovc xvid -oac mp3lame -xvidencopts pass=1 -o out.avi
                        You can also use kdenlive or sinthgunt.

Comment

I used recordmydesktop cause the graphical does not work for me...either way I dont care that much already compiled from source recorditnow wich works great for me, the problem is that effects in kwin like wobbly or any other compiz effect will make the image recording get nasty looks with window disorder, just awful so I guess for the mean time I will go with the ffmpeg recording do the video and with another program make the sound record :/

Will upload a video to youtube so you can watch the problem Im talking about ^^

Comment

I used recordmydesktop cause the graphical does not work for me...either way I dont care that much already compiled from source recorditnow wich works great for me, the problem is that effects in kwin like wobbly or any other compiz effect will make the image recording get nasty looks with window disorder, just awful so I guess for the mean time I will go with the ffmpeg recording do the video and with another program make the sound record :/

you could try adding this snipit to your ffmpeg code line to see if it will get your sound.

Code:
                            -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse -acodec pcm_s16le
                            it reportedly works for the new ver. of *buntu from the link below at bottom.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9038916

VINNY
                            16GB RAM

Comment

Originally posted by vinnywright

you could try adding this snipit to your ffmpeg code line to see if it will get your sound.

Code:
                              -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse -acodec pcm_s16le
                              it reportedly works for the new ver. of *buntu from the link below at bottom.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=9038916

VINNY
                              Thanks thats the solution VINNY!!!!

Here for everyone to know how to record and capture sound: ffmpeg -r 30 -s 1366x768 -f x11grab -i :0.0 -vcodec msmpeg4v2 -qscale 2 -f alsa -ac 2 -i pulse -acodec pcm_s16le filename.avi

Vinny first of all, I want to say thanks for supporting me and helping me out all along with the issue from the beginning and spending you'r time and efforts helping me ^^, I also want to say thanks to ubuntuku for his advice ^^, but mostly to vinny for his great effort and time as well as patience.

Im really proud of this community and thanks to people like vinny that helps newbies at Linux like me keep up the good work and always remember that people like me appreciate the work you guys do ^^.

Cheers Kira.

Comment

Re: Record Desktop with Sound?? (SOlved!!! Hurray)

8) glad you got worked out.............I know getting sound in my screen/cam captures was driving me crazy for a day or 2

so pat your self on the back for sticking with it untill we got it worked out........and for posting the solution that worked for your setup to help others

good work

VINNY
                                16GB RAM

Comment

Working...
                                X