This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[solved] Hello world! :D

Hi all, I haven't found any welcome section, I think this could give the site a "professional feeling" XD.
    Anyway I'm Italian (from Napoli) and I need a bit of practice with English.

I've registered mainly for a reason: get more used with Kubuntu.

First problem: are there any default MOUSE GESTURES with Kubuntu Maverick 10.10?

When I take the mouse after 2-3 minutes happens that all windows become MINI and sorted up and I can choose what I want.

How can I control this useful function whenever I need it?

Thanks!

I hope to learn a lot here.

Re: Hello world!

it never happend to me..
    but yes.. If you take mouse pointer on left top corner, all the running apps are shown in one screen..
    and that is one of the functionality that is by default.
    asus A52N
    Dual boot: Kubuntu 11.10 64bit, Ubuntu 11.10 64bit
    AMD Athlon II 64 X2 | 4 GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon HD 4200
    windoze free since 2009 12 16 (Vijay din= Victory day)

Comment

Re: Hello world!

woooooooooooooooow thanks

Comment

Re: [solved] Hello world!

Originally posted by Rage
        Hi all, I haven't found any welcome section, I think this could give the site a "professional feeling" XD.
        Anyway I'm Italian (from Napoli) and I need a bit of practice with English.

I've registered mainly for a reason: get more used with Kubuntu.

First problem: are there any default MOUSE GESTURES with Kubuntu Maverick 10.10?

When I take the mouse after 2-3 minutes happens that all windows become MINI and sorted up and I can choose what I want.

How can I control this useful function whenever I need it?

Thanks!

I hope to learn a lot here.
        Hello and welcome,

If you are new to Kubuntu (or KDE in general) start by learning "KRunner" which will save plenty of your time. KRunner can be activated by pressing ALT + F2 key. You'll see a simple textbox. If you want to search anything type it there. For example, if you type in "Screen" it will show you a load of runners and entries about screen settings, files etc. . All you have to do is to select (via any input method, be it mouse, or keyboard, arrow keys) the "Screen Edges" or "Screen Corners" (sorry I don't remember the exact English equivalent of the phrase, since I don't use my Desktop in English) and settings module of that feature will be opened. You can then assign or disable/enable the feature you've mentioned.

By the way, Krunner is not just a runner, it is, IMO, the magic wand of KDE. You can even do mathematical operations and get results immediately (at least in KDE 4.6). Just type "5+5=" or "sin(45)+cos(45)=" in krunner and see what happens

Take your time to explore KDE and kubuntu, I'm sure you'll be amazed

Regards.

Comment

Working...
        X