• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This website will not work...?

have i have libflashplayer.so in firefox plugins firefox-3...... plugins

mozilla firefox plugins....

bottom right hand corner it has a plugin in click on it and it says

Shockwave Flash (application/x-shockwave-flash) Adobe flash player installer

Select search.... and it says adobe flash player (installer) Installed

this is the website

http://globanhazmat.absorbtraining.com/user/default.asp

I've tried tons i can't figure out.... thanks,
    ad.

ps. i tried this....

http://kubuntu101.blogspot.com/2005/...sh-player.html

Re: This website will not work...?

Oddly enough, this doesn't work for me either in chrome v. 9.0.597.44 beta. What is the site exactly? Are you able to see if it works in windows?
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Absorb LMS is designed for humans. The intuitive design pays attention to how people work. As a result, they move through their online training easily,
      Hmmm, perhaps a little too quickly. As for being "intuitive", I'd just fire the guy that wrote the site.

It's just bad code. There's more errors than there are words on the page. Even the site they intended to show you has 64 errors and 50 warnings from W3C. I'd stay clear of people who use bad code to sell software, or anything else.

Comment

It's not flash. It's Microsoft Active Server Pages code (.asp).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Active_Server_Pages

Comment

Interesting, that when I disable the popup blocker the page goes through several empty screens including bookmarks. There is also a quick "flash" of text in the top right corner which clearly says "Checking for flash ...". Anyway, dot asp usually works, but in this case they obviously couldn't figure it out. Too clever by half, I'd say. Or ... could this be a malware attempt that just doesn't work in Linux? I mean, who else would want to open up my bookmarks file?

Originally posted by rfakhrai
          . . . Are you able to see if it works in windows?
          I'd be careful!

Comment

ok good it's not just me......

odd....

It's a safety training course for my work as I'm off work for a bit due to a crushed vertebrate, boss called and asked if I wouldn't mind doing this....

good to know that problem isn't on my end for flash install....

Guess I'll just tell 'im I'll do it when i swing into the shop for a visit!

Thanks for tryin' mates! and the speedy response appreciate it!

Comment

According to Google there does not seem to be any "Globan Hazmat" web presence. I think the site you posted is just for fishing and your boss got on the wrong hook there. My thinking is that your (and his) interest is really in "Global Hazmat" which does look legitimate. Hopefully your boss is not running Windows.

Comment

Actually, I just tried the real site. The one with an "l" instead of an "n" and it works just fine. So, it looks like I was on the right track there.

Welcome. Please log in below to access your courses
                Edit: I guess I should post this:
                http://globalhazmat.absorbtraining.com/user/default.asp

Comment

yay!
                  Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
                  Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
                  Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
                    yay!
                    Let's hope he comes back and sees that. However it is also possible that he was happy that it didn't work so he could avoid doing the course at home.

Anyway, I'm still not sure what was going on. It seems to me that a URL that long would be copied with cut and paste rather than hand written. IOW, this was not a typo, but rather a deliberately added, or injected, URL. If one wanted to put malware on the site it would be harder to spot the malicious redirection if it was to a file which looked almost exactly the same as the legit one.

Comment

lol ya i read the post a few days ago lmao sorry.....ya good thing i'm on a linux box hahahaha hope my company isn't using that other site like crazy :P

Comment

Working...
                      X