X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Touckpad not working in 10.10

Hi all, total noob here.
    I just installed Kubuntu 10.10 on my netbook and the touchpad on it isn't working.
    I'm currently using a usb mouse.
    Can anyone guide me through getting it working?
    Thanks,

Harry

Re: Touckpad not working in 10.10

does you machien and a key combo to shut off the trackpad, on my netbook its fn+f7 and it will remain off across boots. check to be sure its on.
    Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
    (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Sithlord makes a good point. Especially on my new computer, the function key has been swapped so that now the fx keys are set to things like volume, wifi, touch pad and so on. What a pain when I just want an old fashioned f2 (which is now fnc+f2) to edit a cell in Base!!

You may want to check in your settings, too, under input devices. Does anything show up?
      Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

It's not listed under input devices, and I've tried all the F keys and buttons on my keyboard! What else can I do?
        Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by harry617
          It's not listed under input devices, and I've tried all the F keys and buttons on my keyboard! What else can I do?
          Thanks
          check the bios to be sure their is no "off" button for it in there. then check w/ another os. just to be sure it works.personally don't use trackpads i always use a mouse even w/ my netbook..

can you give us the output of lshw for the imput devices.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

I am sorry for my bad English.

Please, at first specify model of yours netbook. And also familiarize with the information under the reference:
            https://wiki.ubuntu.com/HardwareSupp...10.10 Maverick

Besides, the output of the following command in the console interests:
            $ sudo synclient -l | grep TouchpadOff

Comment

The synclient command does not require the use of sudo to execute the -l option. It is enough to just type:
              Code:
              synclient -l | grep Touchpad
              to see what the setting is.

Here, the resulting setting is set to TouchpadOff, but my touchpad works just fine along with the mouse. So, TouchpadOff doesn't necessarily mean the touchpad is disabled.
              Windows no longer obstructs my view.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X