Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import Mail Folders from Kmail to Thunderbird (ABANDONED).

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Import Mail Folders from Kmail to Thunderbird (ABANDONED).

Yes, I know, there are other posts on similar topics re. Kmail but nothing that definitive I could find; especially meaningful advice on importing mail folders from Kmail to Thunderbird.
    Why no export facility for mail folders in Kontact/Kmail yet there is for exporting the address book/contacts in Kontact? Very strange.
    I'm running Kubuntu 10.10 and TB 3.1.7.
    Any advice out there please?
    Thanks in advance.

Re: Import Mail Folders from Kmail to Thunderbird.

Is it POP3 or IMAP?

Are you running your own mail server or getting your mail from the web (such as gmail or yahoo)?
    Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Its POP3 from my ISP's mail servers.

Comment

I don't use kmail myself so I can't say it works but this might be worth a look:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questi...ozilla-193277/

It's a bit old so it might not work with current kmail versions.

Comment

Re: Import Mail Folders from Kmail to Thunderbird (ABANDONED).

Many thanks to The Liquidator. I've read the suggested link and, yes, you're quite right its pretty old - and quite complex (for me at this stage) - and it could cause other problems if I have 'finger' trouble whilst doing it. So with all due respects to all who've responded, I'm abandoning the idea and starting afresh with TB and new mail folders having the same titles as in my old Kmail. I'll just use the old Kmail as an email archive. My thanks to every one again.

Comment

One other way is to set up an imap account with your e-mail provider (or gmail) if you can and log into it from kmail. Then copy your mails on your pc into the imap folders within kmail. Then set up your imap account within TB. You will then be able work from TB. Or you can then set up (within TB) your pop3 account and copy (or move) them from the imap account to the pop 3 account.

Sounds messier than it is but it works.

Comment

That Kmail (latest versions) doesn't have an Export feature, as many other email clients have, is a serious (IMO) shortcoming in Kmail. If you want to express your desire to see this implemented in Kmail, add your comments to the Add Export feature to Kmail I posted on KDE Community Forums.
              Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
              "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
              X