This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VMwarePlayer - installation problem

I have to be honest, I left Kubuntu some time ago, but the OS i was using doesn't support VMware Player Soooo I'm back !!
    Have a problem installing VMware Player - when I try to run it I get "GNU C Compiler 4.4.5 not found"
    When I was using a different linux os I used this - sudo pisi it kernel-source kernel-module-headers gcc make -y
    But that doesn't work in Kubuntu ,
    Please help

Re: VMwarePlayer - installation problem

Code:
    sudo apt-get install build-essential
    You will want to get vmware-player 3.1.3 since it fixes a kernel compiling error.
    Klaatu Barada Nikto

Comment

how to get install windows xp via vmware on kubuntu 10.10

hi!
      i just installed kubuntu 10.10 and was looking for the vmware- server to geht installed the window xp!

I was operating as follows http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=183209

but after i started the command sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install vmware-server

i got the message: vmware-server can not be found

are theire any other ways to get installed a vm to run windows xp ??

thanks!

Comment

VMware Player will run Win XP perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by 67GTA
          Code:
          sudo apt-get install build-essential
          You will want to get vmware-player 3.1.3 since it fixes a kernel compiling error.

I have installed the package but how do I open it?
          Computer are like air conditioners: they stop working when you open windows!<br /><br />Linux : Because you wouldnt put a Porsche&#39;s engine in a Pinto<br /><br />case : HAF 932<br />mother board: ASUS p5e3<br />processor: Intel e8500 3.16 GHz<br />RAM: 8 GB Corsair DDR3 1600<br />power supply: Corsair 850W<br />video card: GeForce 8400

Comment

If you have build-essential installed, Vmware Player will compile the required kernel modules on 1st start ... so the whole process would be :
            • Install Vmware Player (from Vmware Website)
            • Install build-essential (from KPackageKit)
            • Run Vmware Player from KDE Start Menu
            &quot;A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human history - with the possible exceptions of handguns and tequila.&quot; - Mitch Ratcliffe

Comment

I normally copy the VMware Player *.bundle file to /tmp, then (at the /tmp$ directory prompt):

Code:
              sudo VMware-Player-3.1.3-324285.i386.bundle
              of course once you have typed "sudo VM" you can simply press Tab and bash-completion will finish that long awkward file name.

Comment

Working...
              X