This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WPA2 wireless and Kubuntu 10.10

I haven't tried wireless on my Kubuntu laptop for a bit. But now I've upgraded it to 10.10.

Are there still issues with WPA2 and Network Manager, or has that gotten better? I'll try this weekend, too!

Re: WPA2 wireless and Kubuntu 10.10

I haven't had any problems with WiFi since 09.10 as far as I can remember...

10.10 connects with WPA2 and no problems

Comment

Originally posted by nosferatu
      I haven't had any problems with WiFi since 09.10 as far as I can remember...

10.10 connects with WPA2 and no problems
      +1 using Atheros and Broadcom based cards in different machines
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Wasn't there something about the password wasn't being passed correctly? I have a Dell M70 (Precision).

I'm not sure what the chipset is. And since WPA2 isn't working, what can I do to diagnose this? Logs? Never troubleshot a wireless issue with linux.

Comment

i don't recall , but i would start by double checking all my settings. then delete and re add the connection all together from knetworkmanager, this has worked in the past for me but i have not tried it in some time since things have been working w/ wpa2 for me.
          Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
          (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

There appears to be an issue with wpa2 and the 504 bit wpa key 63 characters HEX and the default Network Manager.

Comment

Working...
            X