Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Create an icon for a program on windows partition.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create an icon for a program on windows partition.

Hi,
    I feel stupid asking this but....I created an icon for World of Warcraft which is installed on a seperate partition and it does not work. It actually worked for two days then stopped. I deleted it and created it again with the same method which results in the same problem after a day or two. I used the add widget and folder view for desktop. Is there a better way that will actually work?

Thanks.

Penny

Re: Create an icon for a program on windows partition.

One way to investigate this would be:

Create the icon again.
    Right click on it, choose icon properties, then application.
    Make a note of what you see there, particularly the command part.
    When it quits working, check the properties again, and see what has changed.

I suspect that creating the icon is really creating some kind of link, as opposed to pointing to the application itself, and that link is getting messed up. Are you running this program with Wine? If so, I have found that I need to create wine program icons by hand, specifying an env WINEPREFIX=/wherever/your/.wine/is wine "C:\wherever\it\is.exe" or something similar to get it to run.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
    X