This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Needing some guidance

Hi I am trying to install Kubuntu 10.10 and I having trouble with how to install it. I am running Win7 now and will want to dual boot for now. The options I get are to format the whole drive or enter the partitions manually. I am not comfortable enough with computers to do that. Looking at the steps on the Kubuntu website there should be an option to install along side your current OS. There are 4 partitions on the HDD the C, D drives and two hidden partitions one is labeled a healthy partition and the other is labeled EFI system partition. Any help you can give will be appreciated thanks in advance. I forgot to add I have a asus eee pc with a 1.8ghz dual core atom processor and nvidia ion graphics no optical drive and 250gb hd
    Asus eee pc 1215n Intel atom d525 1.8 GHz, 2 gb ram, intel integrated and nvidia ion discrete graphics, kubuntu 10.10.

Re: Needing some guidance

A starting point. Read WindowsDualBoot completely. Like carpentry, 'measure twice, cut once' is valuable advice; here as well. If you don't understand what the guide is telling you, ask specific question about it in you replies.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

That link is helpful. I would like to stress the importance of having a recovery plan for when windows can't find ntloader after the kubuntu install. Without fail, installing kubuntu after windows has always left me unable to boot windows.
      Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
      Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
      Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Thanks for the information.
        Asus eee pc 1215n Intel atom d525 1.8 GHz, 2 gb ram, intel integrated and nvidia ion discrete graphics, kubuntu 10.10.

Comment

Working...
        X