This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

adding widgets not working

i've spent the last two hours searching for a way to get my "installed" widgets to actually show up in "add widgets". i've tried three command line methods, "install widget from local file", and "download new plasma widgets". none of them make the widget appear in the "add widgets" tray... i'm frustrated... please help.

EDIT: i'm running a very standard 10.10 install.

Re: adding widgets not working

i installed plasma-scriptengines. i also installed three plasmoids through the software manager and only one of them showed up. still can't see anything i install through "download new plasma widgets"... this sucks... on a positive note i overclocked my cpu and memory. yay.

Comment

i have noticed not all the wigets work from GNS or from manually installing them , in that case check that widgets page on kde-look , you might have more stuff to do to get them to work. that being said i have had mixed results w/ adding widgets.
      Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
      (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

i've tried numerous widgets from kde-look and none of them would take. i suppose i'll try a few more just for the sake of it.

Comment

so i got superkaramba to install it's own stuff but when i try to run the karamba its not there... the task bar show a Qt instance but nothing shows up. i tried installing the same karamba through the "add widget" route and i just get an error message... weak.

Comment

i figured out that /home/username/.kde/share/apps/plasma/plasmoids contains ALL the widgets that i've tried to install through the client. everything is there and ready to go but it's not showing up in the "add widget" tray. so i'm guessing there's some sort of plasma config file thats not updating during the install process... anyone have an idea how i could connect the dots?

Comment

Working...
            X