This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

wireless adapter

I have the linksys wireless adapter "WUSB54Gv2" and I am trying to get internet to work. It wont work. It sucks. Bad. I have ndiswrapper installed, and the driver installed, but it keeps telling me that it is an invalid driver. It is not on the list of drivers that work for ndiswrapper, but is there a work around or something? I have searched the forums and seen some posts on the Ubuntu forums about it, and people have gotten it working, but when I do what they did, it still wont work. Any help?

Re: wireless adapter

*bump*

Comment

I have seen DriverLoader, which is like the ndiswrapper, I do believe, where it loads your windows drivers. It says that it supports the WUSB54Gv2 somewhere I read, but I can't get it installed.

First I tried the file that loads the graphical installer in konqueror, but I can't get on the internet without this program, so I had to do the manual install, so I downloaded, and with this installer, I get to the "make install" part of the instructions. It keeps telling me that "make install" is a bad command.

Any help on this? Or another way to get the WUSB54Gv2 to work with kubuntu?

Comment

You need the package "build-essential" in order to compile and install software from source. Obviously, you need an internet connection in Linux so that you can use a package manager in order to install "build-essential" so that you can install the software that you think you need to get an internet connection. Personally, I'd try to get ndiswrapper working.

Comment

No one will help me get it working....

Any suggestions?

Comment

Only to read the Community Help Pages about wireless networking, and to search the forums both here and at the Ubuntu Forums site.

Comment

I have searched the forums...And I have searched google....And everything I come accross is still not working.

Comment

Please define "not working"?

Comment

I have tried one I found about installing a whole folder of the drivers. That didnt work, it said it couldnt create the directory. I have the drivers installed along with the .sys files that go with it. They all say "invalid driver!". And I still can't connect to the net with it, "not working"......It sucks major. I cannot directly connect with a cord, because I dont have one that will reach. So, this is my only hope.

Comment

I have tried one I found about installing a whole folder of the drivers. That didnt work, it said it couldnt create the directory.
                    Which folder? Which drivers? Did you try to create the folder with "sudo"?
                    I have the drivers installed along with the .sys files that go with it.
                    Installed where?

Comment

I used sudo, and its:

sudo ndiswrapper -i /home/thomas/drivers/

and it installs them to another folder for ndiswrapper.

They were the drivers for my WUSB54Gv2

I got them off of the installation cd, and then off of linksys incase they were updated or something.

I installed all of the drivers and the .sys files with sudo ndiswrapper -i /home/thomas/drivers/

Comment

And then what happened?

Comment

It doesnt connect, I use "ndiswrapper -l" to see the installed drivers, and it tells me "invalid driver!" next to each driver and .sys file.

Comment

A friend says it could be the kernal stack size but he doesnt know how to go about fixing it. Could that be it? If so, how do I fix it?

Comment

Frankly, I've never seen or heasrd of any problems with the kernel stack size. I'm not a kernel hacker, but even I know how to make an expanding stack that would not suffer from any stack size limitation short of the size of your memory. But that doesn't mean that it didn't happen. It just means that I think it unlikely.

It is much more likely that the problem is with either the drivers (most likely) or with the version of ndiswrapper that you are using.

Comment

Working...
                              X