This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can Steam be made to work on Linux?

Hey guys, i did a search for this, i got back a link to an article long removed a few topics where its briefly mentioned.

Does anyone know if it is possible to Wine Steam or any other method to play Steam games?

Thanks
    Dave

Some text for searches : Steam, Half Life 2, Counter Strike Source, Day Of Defeat, Team Fortress

Re: Can Steam be made to work on Linux?

Hi,

Did you check this ? : http://www.linux-gamers.net/modules/...ge=HOWTO+Steam

Comment

If you want gaming on Linux your best option is Cdega. With it you can play just about any game you can think of, including Half-Life, CS, other Steam games.

Only draw back is that it is a pay service, but what you get for the fee is Kick Ass games on Linux. It's only 5 US$ a month, or 55 US$ a year, and there are often promotional deals as well. IT'S WORTH IT!!!

Trans Gaming Cdega

I can vouch for it personally, and you'll find loads of reviews saying how good it is as well.

If the only reason you have not switched to Linux, or still have a M$ Windows partition is Gaming, then here is the reason to chuck your Micro$loth discs in the dust bin.

Comment

Thanks for the replys

Comment

for those interested, caserio's solution worked

Cedaga i didnt try because i could prolly get XP home edition for the same price so.....schmeh....If it aint free and opensource i prolly wont run it.

Comment

Working...
          X