This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing Desktop Wallpaper config' tool.

Running Kubuntu 10.10 quite successfully but when coming to change my desktop wallpaper the config' tool is missing from both System Settings and from when right-clicking with the mouse . Very strange. Please can anyone tell me how to restore access to this?
    Thanks in advance.
    Roj

Re: Missing Desktop Wallpaper config' tool.

I'm on a windows box right now so the terms might be a bit different)

Right click and select desktop properties (or folder view properties depending on the desktop you have chosen).

The option to change desktop wallpaper is within the resulting box.

Also I've read that if you simply drag the required picture onto the desktop that should do it

HTH

Comment

Testing on 11.04 ...

Right-click desktop, choose "Desktop Settings", and the Desktop Settings plasma shell pops up. On this, there is a notice that "Widgets are currently locked, disabling some options" and offers a button to unlock widgets. I think 10.10 may not give this notice, but you do need to unlock widgets (you can use the cashew in the upper right corner of your screen). The second drop-down menu in the window indicates that the Wallpaper is set to show an "Image", and you need to leave it that way, unless you want one of the other types of display backgrounds.

So, with widgets unlocked, at the bottom of the shell panel are three buttons -- "Install Default Wallpapers", "Open", and "Get New Wallpapers". If you want to install an image from somewhere on your system, then you need to choose "Open". This pops up a fairly obvious file browsing utility, in which you can browse to the location of your image file, and choose it.

Lock your widgets when you're done.

Hope this helps.

Comment

My thanks to The Liquidator and to dibl. Problem solved.
        My Seasons greetings to one and all,
        Roj

Comment

Working...
        X