This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shortcuts dragging?

Hey guys, i'm having this stupid problem... it's not really a problem, yet super annoying.
    I click the KDE button to bring my menu, and let's suppose i choose one program from my favorite list. If i click it too fast, it comes along with my mouse pointer! you see, it's like i dragged the shortcut! And then i have to release it in some place by clicking again with my left button.
    So, to drag that shortcut, its supposed i keep pressing my left button and then drag...like we do on pretty much every OS.
    It's super weird. Right now if i want to avoid this, i need to click the app i wanna open, and then wait untill it opens without moving the mouse, because if i "click and go do something else" the shortcut comes along.
    Don't know if i explained well, sorry for my english.
    Is there any setting on my mouse, maybe i can change? i tried change the "drag start time" on system settings, but i think nothing changed, can you experts advise me? thanks

Re: Shortcuts dragging?

I park my 6 or 8 favorite packages on the panel, just to avoid that very problem.

With widgets "unlocked" (via the Cashew), you can open the menu, browse to your chosen package (like Dolphin, for example, or kcalc or the browser), right-click on the package name, and choose "Add to Panel". Thereafter, you only need to click the panel icon to launch the package.

Comment

I noticed the same thing and assumed, and you know what that makes me! , that it was probably the whole plasma desktop thing, that the particular action was caught in with all the other things that the processor is doing.

What is curious though is that I've moved the most used apps to the Daisy dock and although it takes a second to pop up because I keep it hidden, I have not observed the phenomenon with the apps on the dock. Possibly because one has already "slowed down" by using it. Don't know.

woodsmoke

Comment

Hum, i see. guess i'll have to do the same. however it's a shame, i do like the kickoff menu

Comment

Hi
          Please don't take it that I am saying that you should use the dock. I use the normal menu system also. It might be though that if we were both a little less quick on the double click....woah...a poet and didn't know it.. lol, that it is probably just the plasma thing, there is a lot of video processing going on in it.

I don't know if you are particularly enamored of the default menu system, but one can switch to the "classic" menu system and I think one might not have the situation that you described. And that MIGHT be because of, again, reducing the processing stuff.

However, the appearance wouldn't be in keeping with the whole plasma setup, but, if it reduced or eliminated the situation then it might be worth it.

Right click on the little blue launcher and you will see that the second option is "classic menu style".

woodsmoke

Comment

Wow... classic menu rulez! thanks so much dude

Comment

you are quite welcome!
              woodsmoke

Comment

Hi. Go to System Settings > Input Devices > Mouse > Advanced

You have several options there, including Drag Start Time and Drag Start distance. Play with those until you reach a threshold that you find acceptable.
                Registered Linux user #346571

Comment

Working...
                X