X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kubuntu login screen

Newbie here!!

I installed Kubuntu on a usb stick. When I put it in my computer, it started to do its thing, then prompted me with a login screen asking for user name and password. I didn't even do the install yet and wanted to try the live version first. The whole screen is Kubutu blue, however the login screen says "ubuntu"

Any help on this one?

Re: kubuntu login screen

Originally posted by vanzandt
    Newbie here!!

I installed Kubuntu on a usb stick.
    .... I didn't even do the install yet and wanted to try the live version first.
    OK, you either did install it, or you didn't install it.

It sounds like you did install it, on a USB stick. Nothing wrong with that, but in the process you had to give a user name and password. That is what it is looking for.

If you think you didn't install it, we'll need to know a lot more about how it arrived on that USB stick.

Comment

I have the same problem, but it doesn't occur until the SECOND time I boot Kubuntu 11.04 from the USB stick. The USB image was created with "usb-creator-kde" on a PNY 2Gb USB stick. I've tried using a larger persistence file (255 Mb) but no help. Even tried dropping back to Kubuntu 10.04, same problem. The computer on which I'm trying to run the USB stick is a Dell Mini 9 netbook, which runs Windows 7 Ultimate from its 16 Gb SSD flawlessly.

Comment

Try logging in as user "ubuntu" with no password. Does that work?

Comment

I know USB 'jump' drives are the new great thing but I still download 'iso', burn image to CD and then boot to CD; never had any trouble that way.
          Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3: ATI Fire-Pro V4800; Phenom II X4 970 3.5 Ghz; G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1600 4 x 4GB; WD Caviar Black 1.5 TB;CM 690 case w/9 fans and 6-switch rheobus plus 2 optical drives [ROM & RW]

Comment

Working...
          X