This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Easy to Use Format Converting Programs In KDE

I was wondering if there are any easy to use programs in kde that will convert flv and mp4 video and audio files to divx for playing both audio and video in a dvd player...

I use a You Tube Downloader extension on Google Chromium which will download the video as either a flv or mp4 video and audio file and while they play fine on the computer, if i burn to a dvd, only the audio plays on the dvd player...so looks like i need a way to convert the file to AVI...

Thanks....

Re: Any Easy to Use Format Converting Programs In KDE

ffmpeg and winff ?
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

Thanks for the suggestion...i downloaded winff with KPackageKit and will give it a go
      Hope it will "do the trick"

Comment

Winff was a great recommendation...it is very easy to use and you can convert to all different formats easily...I find the one that works for playing on a dvd player is the DVD setting that converts the you tube files to mpeg2...then both video and audio play fine on the dvd player...

You can also easily convert the sound portion to mp3s or other audio formats...Very versatile program for sure...
        Thanks so much!

Comment

DeVeDe, which is in the repository.
          "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
          – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Another good alternative for converting is the Perl audio converter (aka pacpl).

When you right click on a file you wish to convert the options are displayed there.

Comment

Working...
            X