Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adding a new font for konsole (lucid linx)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a new font for konsole (lucid linx)

Hy guys,

Does any one know how to add a new font to konsole ?
    I have this font .ttf that I've installed with Font Installer and it works in Kate but i can't figure out how to get it working in konsole.

I use kubuntu 10.04.

Re: Adding a new font for konsole (lucid linx)

Open konsole
    Right click on the screen, choose "Configure Current Profile"
    Select the Appearance tab
    Choose Edit font, and pck the one you want.

Note that you can't use proportional fonts with the konsole screen, which you can do with kate.
    So your font may not be useable in konsole anyway.
    We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Thanks for the reply,

But i already looked-around the Edit font tab. The problem is that the font I want to use is not in that list and my dilemma is how to add the font to the list in "Edit font".The font that is true type font, will that work in konsole?

Comment

Unless it is a monospaced font, no it won't work in konsole. Most of the fancy fonts are not monospaced.

If you really insist on a non-monospaced font for your terminal, you might want to look into using gnome-terminal instead of konsole. I believe it does allow proportional fonts.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

Working...
        X