This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about wallet?

once i log into my user, i get the message "plasma kde ....something about wallet and asks for my password.
    wtf is wallet and how do i be rid of this annoying prompt?

Re: Question about wallet?

Wallet store passwords, for example if you want a password to start your wireless connection wallet would store it. I alway leave it blank, click create, then always allow. That seems to make it go away. Hopefully someone else can give you a more technical description.

Comment

If you don't want to use kwallet, you can disable it in System Settings, in the Account Details section.

I usually disable it on desktops, but not on my laptop.

Comment

So do i need it to automatically sign into my stuff? what about my web sites?

Comment

Originally posted by f1refly
          So do i need it to automatically sign into my stuff? what about my web sites?
          No, you can automatically sign into your stuff whether you use kwallet or not. Most kde software allow you to store password even without kwallet, but these passwords are not stored securely. Kwallet saves them securely in a single place, with a master password (which you can also leave empty).

As for websites, if you are using konqueror or rekonq, it can store your websites passwords too. I can't think of any other browser that is integrated with kwallet.

Comment

Working...
          X