This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOLVED: System-Config-Samba

Well . . . I'm having all kinds of troubles part of which is getting the correct read/write rules. Anyway, it seemed a better solution to use a Samba GUI. Behold! Another problem! I installed system-config-samba and it doesn't start. I'm really not having a good run of things.

Re: System-Config-Samba

Please read >>> PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING HERE <<< and then provide the information that will make your post here helpful.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

My apologies. The poorly thought out post was a result of desperation.

System:
      Kubuntu 10.04
      KDE 4.4.2

PC:
      Desktop
      Pentium IV 32bit
      GPU (Graphics Processor Unit) manufacturer and model
      1.5gb
      1x Internal HDD
      1x Internal CDRW

Comment

Simple things to check first.

Launch the application from the command line. The resulting message output might be informative.
        Windows no longer obstructs my view.
        Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
        "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

ok, good call, it took me a little bit to figure out what to actually run from the console because it's just named "Samba" under Applications -> System.

I ended up having to install a few programs but it seems to be working. Hopefully this is enough of a step in the right direction to get me set. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X