This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

nvm (figured it out)

kubuntu is my main OS, using version 10.04 LTS (kde version 4.5.1) (installed from live cd), on a aspire 5517 laptop (does this qualify as the main things needed for my system info?)

i'm completely new to kubuntu, had a little bit of experience with ubuntu prior to doing a complete move over to linux.

so i have neon plasma glow by FRUIT, i know how to extract it to its own folder but no idea how to install it

(also i've noticed when i close my laptop the hard drive gets hot (is this due to it going in hibernate?)

edit:removed a redundant line

edit2: ok i've done a search on here and someone said go to appearances/style/workplace

but i have no workplace just applications and fine tuning

Re: nvm (figured it out)

You are doing it the hard way.

KGear --> Settings --> System Settings --> Work Space Appearance --> Desktop Theme
    and on that page, in the lower right corner, is "Get New Themes"

When that dialog opens up and search text box will appear in the lower right corner. Enter "neon". Two entries will appear. The one you want is the top one. Click the "install" button. When it is done close that dialog and use the back arrow to return to "Desktop Theme" and select the Neon theme, which should now be showing. Click apply and close System settings.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
    X