This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ktorrent Problems

Alright I have an Acer m5640. It's running Kubuntu 9.04. I am having troubles connecting to trackers. Most of the time I can't even get torrents to start. Sometimes it will keep downloading but it says it can't connect to the tracker. My computer is behind a Netgear Router. The model is wgr614 v7. Someone help me.

Re: Ktorrent Problems

One possibility is that your ISP might be blocking certain ports. In KTorrent, click "Settings > Configure KTorrent". Click on the Network tab, and change the default port number (try something between 20000 and 65000). Also change the UDP tracker port number (whatever number you used for the port, minus one). Finally, click on the BitTorrent tab, and if the "Use DHT to get additional peers" is selected, change that port number as well. Click Apply, OK, then give it a few minutes to see if it will establish a connection with the trackers.

Comment

And if that doesn't work, you may need to set up port forwarding. Instructions for your router:

http://kbserver.netgear.com/kb_web_files/n101145.asp

Comment

Originally posted by wfischer
        One possibility is that your ISP might be blocking certain ports. In KTorrent, click "Settings > Configure KTorrent". Click on the Network tab, and change the default port number (try something between 20000 and 65000). Also change the UDP tracker port number (whatever number you used for the port, minus one). Finally, click on the BitTorrent tab, and if the "Use DHT to get additional peers" is selected, change that port number as well. Click Apply, OK, then give it a few minutes to see if it will establish a connection with the trackers.
        You can use the same port number for both, no problem whatsoever.
        Additionally, in the KTorrent settings, check "Use prtocol encryption" and uncheck "Allow unencrypted connections".
        On the IP filter page, make sure it uses the IP filter file (default is the Bluetack filter file, which is very good), and that it's updated once a week.
        Then, you need to set up port forwarding in your router for the port you've choosen.
        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

and if fording the ports on the router by hand is bothersome turn on upnp port fording in Ktorrent and it should do it for you as long as your router supports upnp.

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
          X