This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solved: Minimized applications do not appear in the panel

I have tried to help a neighbour install 64-bit Lucid Lynx on a new computer. It is the only OS. Everything seems to work very well, except that minimized applications "disappear". They re-appear on the desktop with Alt-Tab, but do not show up in the panel. It seems to happen with everything - firefox, konsole, dolphin... I don't know if it was like that from the initial install, or if we have done something. For now, there are only the K launcher, a clock and the task manager plasmoids installed. I have reduced it to those since my own Kubuntu 9.04 works as it should with nothing else.

I would appreciate any suggestions!

Re: Minimized applications do not appear in the panel

Originally posted by robbs
    I have tried to help a neighbour install 64-bit Lucid Lynx on a new computer. It is the only OS. Everything seems to work very well, except that minimized applications "disappear". They re-appear on the desktop with Alt-Tab, but do not show up in the panel. It seems to happen with everything - firefox, konsole, dolphin... I don't know if it was like that from the initial install, or if we have done something. For now, there are only the K launcher, a clock and the task manager plasmoids installed. I have reduced it to those since my own Kubuntu 9.04 works as it should with nothing else.

I would appreciate any suggestions!
    Reinstall the Task Manager applet on the panel

edit: oops. you said it was installed. never mind
    we see things not as they are, but as we are.
    -- anais nin

Comment

Originally posted by wizard10000
      Reinstall the Task Manager applet on the panel

edit: oops. you said it was installed. never mind
      No, I believe you are correct. The OP most likely meant the System Tray when he said "For now, there are only the K launcher, a clock and the task manager plasmoids installed."
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

No, the Task Manager is installed, not the System Tray.

Comment

Okay. Have you tried uninstalling the Task Manager widget and then reinstalling it? Also, have you checked which Task Manager Filters you have checked?
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Deleting and reinstalling the Task Manager solved that problem.

Thank you very much for your help!

Comment

Working...
            X