• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: .xsession-errors @ 163GiB

Originally posted by motoburn
    is ibus-daemon important?
    ibus is:
    IBus is an Intelligent Input Bus. It is a new input framework for Linux OS. It provides full featured and user friendly input method user interface. It also may help developers to develop input method easily.
    These messages that you are getting:
    QFileSystemWatcher: failed to add paths: /home/moto/.config/ibus/bus
    Bus:pen: Can not get ibus-daemon's address.
    is because you don't have ibus installed. It is not installed on my system either. In fact, I doubt it is installed on anyone's system yet because it's infrastructure is not set up yet. You can uncheck the ibus reporting option in Kdebugdialog.
    "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
    – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Moto: Whenever I am "playing around" with my video settings or xorg.conf, I have found the easiest and most positive way to restart X is to log out, open a terminal (CRTL-ALT-F1), log in there, then type

sudo service kdm restart

this will restart X and the login manager and put you right back to the graphical log in screen.

I have my system set to restart X when I log out - but I usually go through these steps anyway if I've changed something major - like a driver.

Please Read Me

Comment

I really missed not being able to use Ctl+Alt+Backspace to restart the xserver, so I opened Systemsettings --> Input Devices --> Keyboard --> Advanced (tab) --> "Key sequence to kill the X server" and I checked it, and applied.
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”

Comment

Thanks Grey, I will uncheck the iBus in kdebugdialog

@oshunluvr, If I just restart X server, will that keep my external drive mounted and my current services running?

Reason I ask, is I have ushare running. It is looking for /home/moto/Media ~/Media contains links to my Video and Music directories on an external firewire drive... when I reboot, I have to mount the drive (by opening dolphin and selecting it), then start the ushare service, then wait a few minutes before I can access them from the xbox. It isn't a problem to do all this, but would simply things greatly if simply restarting the desktop UI kept all of those services intact...
          "Life would be alot more fun if it had save points..."

Comment

I can't say for sure - but I don't think anything mounted will unmount by restarting X either way abov. Try it once and see...

Please Read Me

Comment

Originally posted by GreyGeek
              ... ibus is not installed on my system either. In fact, I doubt it is installed on anyone's system yet because it's infrastructure is not set up yet.
              That's not right at all.

IBus is working very well, and you need it if you want to input languages with non-western alphabets: East-asian languages Japanese/Chinese/Korean, other Asian languages like e.g. Thai, Hindi or Guaranti, or also Russian, Ukrainian etc. using the Cyrillic alphabet.

The average culturally ignorant American who only knows English of course won't have it installed
              Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

The personal and cultural attacks aside, iBus is NOT running or installed on my system, which is a standard install of the English version of Kubuntu. Neither have I uninstalled iBus. But, as far as DISPLAYING non-english language text, That's what the UTF-8 character set was designed to do.

You did notice, didn't you, that this is the ENGLISH section of the Kubuntuforum?

Comment

As long as my system will display a language a backwoods tennessean can understand, I'm good
                  &quot;Life would be alot more fun if it had save points...&quot;

Comment

Working...
                  X