X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having some Serious Issues with Adept

Howdy

I am new to the whole KDE thing. I understand that Adept for Kubuntu is the same as Synaptic for Ubuntu. Well, I am about to lose it on this machine. I installed the 64 bit version of Kubuntu on this machine. It won't let me do anything more than preview packages when trying to open up Adept. It tells me this

You will not be able to change your system settings in any way (install, remove or upgrade software), because another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude). Please close the other application before using this one.

Well, as a Windiws convert, I always had Crtl-Alt-Del to bring up the task manager and could end the program. After several rebootings, I cannot get Adept to stop. I just want to be able to install some stuff. This is driving me batty.

Oh yeah, one more. Anyone know why I have to unplug my USB devices to both boot up this computer from the hard disk or by the live CD?

Re: Having some Serious Issues with Adept

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...24192#msg24192

After trying that, I recommend installing Synaptic to manage packages.

Comment

To see and make changes to the processesd running on your system use Ksysguard. If you want to change things run by root just hit Alt F2 type in ksysguard and open up the options panel and run as root.

Comment

Originally posted by KerryB

You will not be able to change your system settings in any way (install, remove or upgrade software), because another process is using the packaging system database (probably some other Adept application or apt-get or aptitude). Please close the other application before using this one.
        I had the same message exactly when starting Adept after having run Aptitude. Aptitude didnt close properly. So I removed Aptitude and dont have this probleme now.
        Aptitude doesnt appear in the Kmenu but is installed by default.

Comment

Working...
        X