This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

running windows 95 games in wine

I am new to Linux. I've been searching for some information on how to run windows 95 games in wine. I have quite a few of them that I want to run. Would anyone have any ideas on how this could be done? I need to know how to install applications in wine. any help is apppreciated!

Julie

Re: running windows 95 games in wine

Run winecfg and set the windows version to 95. Then just run the exe, either by doubleclicking it if it's on your desktop or using the command wine ***.exe

Comment

i am wondering if i need to mount the cd in wine? don't know how to do that...

Comment

Run winecfg, go to the drives tab and autodetect. Then select the cdrom, and set the type to cdrom.

Comment

I got everything working right.....but... now my computer says that I don't have enough memory to run the game.....but i acutally have more than enough... it says i need 4000K and i have half of 225 MB available. Do you know what is going on?

Comment

Ouch of Death, are you OOD on kubuntu IRC

Comment

I am trying to run myst in wine. I have the windows 95 setup. I've done the wine *** command. But now it is telling me that I need quicktime. I went to adept and installed quicktime, but when i go back to do the wine *** command it says that I need quicktime in windows..... does anyone know what I can do now, or a hack that i can get around this?

Julie

Comment

Working...
              X