This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems managing packages (Fixed)

My laptop locked up and I had to use the power button to shut it down. It restarted fine and everything works, except I can't add or remove any packages. It doesn't matter if I use Adept, Synaptic, of even the Adept auto-updater. I can update my sources with all of them, but they wont add or remove any packages. When I try using the terminal I get the following error:

dpkg: parse error, in file '/var/lib/dpkg/status' near line 5432 'libktnef1':
    field name 'Architecturex' must be followed by a colon
    E: Sub-process/usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

I can find 'libktnef1' in /var/lib/dpkg/status, but not 'Architecturex', and I dont know enough about these things to want to start experimenting on my only computer. Any advise would be appreciated.

Re: Problems managing packages

Try
    Code:
    sudo apt-cache clean
    to clear the files downloaded by apt.

Comment

@richard: The command you're thinking of is "sudo apt-get clean" and it won't help josh's problem.

@josh: In Synaptic, click on "Custom">"Broken" then right click on libktnef1. I'm surprised that you have a problem with that package. I've got the latest kdepim (which brings in libktnef1) and it installed properly with no errors. If there was a typo in the package, everyone would be having problems.

Comment

Thank you askrieger, that seems to have fixed it.

Comment

Working...
        X