This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to KUbuntu and trying to access an NTFS partion

I have another harddrive that for some reason I am not detecting. It is an NTFS drive that was done by windows. I didn't want to lose the info on it when I switched over, so I did not format it. I did the apt-get thing I found and I have not been able to get into the drive yet. I will also admit it has been at least 5 yrs since I did anything with Linux. Thanks for the help. I am just at a loss how to get access to it.

Re: New to KUbuntu and trying to access an NTFS partion

Welcome to KFN.

What version of Kubuntu did you install?

The package ntfs-3g is required, but if your version of Kubuntu is recent, it 'should' already be installed.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have 10.4

Hmmm...Let me check that package

Yeah I have 2 under that name. They are the driver and filesystem for FUSE it says. But for some reason I am not even able to see the existence of the drive.

Comment

Install Partionionmanager (package of the same name).
        Launch it and select the hard drive. You can then perform various management and mount options.
        Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Thanks, I figured it out now...The partition is gone, it was a virtual partition and I did not know it. I feel bad now though. I thought I had two harddrives.

Comment

Working...
          X