X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: partition scheme questions

You have a choice here.

The KDE 4 "Desktop Effects" uses compositing to provide desktop switching via something resembling "the cube" that compiz gives you. It works pretty well -- comparable to compiz in most ways. For example, mouse-wheel scrolling changes desktops, same as compiz. To use this capability, go into Systemsettings > Desktop Effects, and click "enable" and make sure compositing is enabled and working (use "glxgears" to verify).

On the other hand, if you just have to have the "Atlantis" fishbowl, and Emerald window decorator, then you "disable" the KDE 4 Desktop Effects, and install the compiz suite of packages, including Emerald, and you can go that way.

Comment

Re: partition scheme questions

At this point you should probably start some new topics so you attract new input. Also, please don't forget to do searches on your questions and read the helpful topics in the link from dibl's signature line and mine.

The first thing to do for grub and your graphics is to fully update your system, work on your video setup to insure it's at it's peak, then work with the desktop effects.

I know you're excited to get into all the new "toys" but building a stable base will result in more successes as you get into it

I'd begin with the video card - search for your model and read a bit. Then create a new thread if needed.

Grub had some issues at the beginning so you'll want to update that asap.

Please Read Me

Comment

Working...
      X