This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

firefox

Firefox is installed from the embedded installer and is working via the Konsole.

The installer is still in K menu internet whilst the installed browser isn't...help plaese

Re: firefox

what version of kubuntu are you using? I'll assume it's 10.04.

if you right click on K menu you can edit all of the entries and add a firefox entry to the internet section. if you fill out all the information about the entry, it'll do what you want it to.
    Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
    Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
    Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Yes I am on 10.04

Thanks for the help, the editor and the handbook allowed me to set the browser in k menu. Only leading to further confusion when I tried to find the firefox icon. In neither of the icon repositories, "other" being completely empty. Do I need to import these icons or are they hidden? Again thanks for the help

Comment

I don't know where the icon is located but here: http://lmgtfy.com/?q=firefox+icon+.png

right click the icon of your choice and save it somewhere you'll remember.

when you go to select the icon, choose other and click browse. find the icon you saved and it should do the trick.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Using the kubuntu-firefox-installer should have included Firefox Web Browser in the K Menu under Internet. But, if you had to build it by hand, then you can browse to /usr/lib/firefox-3.6.8/chrome/icons/default which contain three Firefox icon (.png) files you can use.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I will try that and thanks for all your various helps

Comment

Working...
            X