This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change wallpapers?

The wallpaper settings doesn't allow me to install or change wallpapers. I clicked the button to install new ones. A list comes up, but the wallpapers I install dont show up anywhere. My only options right now seem to be the default or blank screen.

Re: How do I change wallpapers?

What version of Kubuntu and KDE are you using?
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I downloaded and installed the newest one. 10.04 I don't know what version KDE is.

Comment

open eney KDE app........like dolphin and click help then about KDE and you will see the ver.

the wallpapers you added should be showing in the list of wallpapers when you rite click the desktop and then click desktop settings.

or can be found at /home/you/.kde/share/wallpapers/ ......whar /you/ is your login name.

and you can drag eney picture to the desktop and have it set as wallpaper.

VINNY
        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

oops and /usr/share/wallpapers

VINNY
          i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
          16GB RAM
          Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Originally posted by neversleep
            The wallpaper settings doesn't allow me to install or change wallpapers. I clicked the button to install new ones. A list comes up, but the wallpapers I install dont show up anywhere. My only options right now seem to be the default or blank screen.
            I remember when that my first impression, too!

They probably could have made it more obvious. So, you right-click the desktop and choose "Activity Settings". Let's say you already have a nice photo image or wallpaper image on you computer somewhere. Don't click "Get New Wallpapers", click "Open", and browse to the folder where you have your file. Find your image and click it. Now you see it on the screen graphic on the right side of the window. Now you have to click "Apply", then click "OK". Now your desktop should change to your selected wallpaper.

p.s. you can do all this while leaving widgets locked.

Comment

Working...
            X