This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cpu temp monitor for system tray?

Does anyone have a good app for monitoring cpu temp in the system tray? The default widget with the "gauge" stinks as far as I am concerned... I like to see the actual temp, and be able to have color changes, etc., like ksensors can do, but that is making the new 4.5 system tray act all wonky...

Also, my global temp is ^F, but I would prefer this used ^C.

Re: cpu temp monitor for system tray?

You could try Bubblemon. Right-click sytem tray > Properties, select Bubblemon under "Extra items".
    In the Bubblemon properties, you can select from a wide range of sensors.
    Hover the mouse over the bubble to see the current value of the selected sensor (e.g. current temperature).
    Shinda Sekai Sensen<br /><br />Kubuntu Maverick RC x64 w/ Kde 4.5.2 (main)<br />Kubuntu 10.04 x64 w/ Kde 4.5.1 to be wiped, no point in keeping it any longer

Comment

Yeah, thanks... that is what I am using now, but I really just like seeing a green 35 or a red 70, etc.

Comment

I use Simple CPU temperature. You can get it by searching in the panel widgets and installing it.

I think it's what you're looking for.
        Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
        Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
        Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
          I use Simple CPU temperature. You can get it by searching in the panel widgets and installing it.

I think it's what you're looking for.
          I do not have such a widget... did you install a special package for it

Comment

oh yeah. I forgot that I downloaded it from kde-look.
            http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=121205
            Home: Kubuntu 12.04-amd64; Intel i7-860 on Intel DH55PJ; Nvidia 9500GT; 6GB RAM
            Network Slave: Xubuntu 11.10-x86; Intel P4-Prescott on MSI; 2GB RAM; Nvidia FX5200
            Portable: Xubuntu 11.10-amd64; Asus EeePC 1015PEM

Comment

Originally posted by rfakhrai
              oh yeah. I forgot that I downloaded it from kde-look.
              http://kde-look.org/content/show.php...content=121205
              Thank you very much. It is not quite as pretty as ksensors was, and i can't choose the exact sensor i want, but it is very, very close to replacing what i lost. Thanks again for the tip.

Edit: Why I like ksensors better (not as easy to read, but I really only need to read it when it's red. I definitely like the dark gray background over the black, and the lines are kinda cool. I think square also looks better. The bubblemon would work ok if the darn thing would turn bright red when temps get high... and if it didn't report a %... that is lame for this purpose.):

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X