This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

aol.

I just moved my second computer from windows XP to kubuntu and i was wondering if there is a way i can get aol on kubuntu.

Re: aol.

Why do you want AOL?

Comment

Do you mean AOL Instant Messenger?  If so, go into Adept, find Gaim, and install it.  Viola!

Comment

I dont want aol my parents got it and now im stuck with its suckiness. and i already use gaim.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the AOL setup, so this may be totally off-base, but can't you just use Firefox to access both AOL and the real internet?

Comment

Is it AOL over dial-up or AOL over hi-speed (cable modem or DSL)?  So to hear your parents bought service through the wrong ISP...  Can you urge them strongly to get a real ISP?

Comment

well it is bad enough that it is aol but what makes it worse is that it is dial up. I have almost talked them into dsl.

Comment

I used to have dial up. I think that one feature used to be that you could switch backwards and forwards between ISPs.

Depending where you are in the world you may be able to subscribe to a free ISP. Your parents could use AOL and you could access the other.
                "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
                "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

ifi live in indiana can i geta free isp.  and are they fast.

Comment

Working...
                  X