This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

autofs problem [SOLVED - well, not really]

I've got NFS set up, and I've been manually doing: sudo mount kisutch.local:/home/cori/Music /home/cori/Music so that I can play music over the network. I want it to automatically mount when the computer boots up, so I installed autofs and configured the following files:

/etc/auto.master
    Code:
    /home/cori/Music    /etc/auto.music
    /etc/auto.music
    Code:
    *    kisutch.local:/home/cori/Music
    When I restart autofs and go to the Music directory on the local machine and do a directory listing, I get this:
    Code:
    cori@nerka:~/Music$ ls
    Alice in Chains - Jar of Flies Jill Sobule - I Kissed A Girl.mp3 Korpiklaani - Karkelo [2009]     Korpiklaani - Voice Of Wilderness
    Cake - Comfort Eagle      Jill Sobule - Margaret.mp3     Korpiklaani - Spirit Of The Forest  Metallica - 1988 - And Justice For All
    Creed - My Own Prison      Journey - Escape          Korpiklaani - Tales Along This Road
    Those all show up as directories, not files. Changing into any of those directories (2 of which shouldn't even BE directories!) and pulling up a list shows all the contents of kisutch.local:/home/cori/Music. Something's obviously not right, but I'm at a loss as to how to correct it.

Re: autofs problem

I rebooted the computer. Now, autofs is doing nothing at all. The Music directory on the local machine is empty.

Comment

Re: autofs problem

Nevermind, I removed autofs and added a nfs entry into fstab, works great. Stupid autofs.

Comment

Working...
      X