This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

new old machine - what to do with it?

I currently have 3 computers in the house running Linux, and I acquired a 4th yesterday. It's an older HP: 1.6Ghz processor, 384MB ram, no hard drive (the HDD failed mechanically). Any suggestions as to what I could use it for?

Re: new old machine - what to do with it?

I have 2-3 simaler box's lets see ........ya 1 varey mutch the same......1.? Ghz CPU 383 Mb RAM

2- 700 Mhz CPU 383 RAM all 3 run Kubuntu 9.10 OK .........I let the kids use them to play games on like frozen bubble and some of the stock games.

but you would nead a old HD as a live sys wont run to well with that little ram........
    if you can bump ram to 512 slax would run ok with the copey to ram deal and no HD.

I have sevral old HD's laying around war ya at?

I'm shure you will get some more Ideas soon

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

I doubt you want to pay to ship an old HD to Alaska, but maybe next week I can hit up my new favorite place to shop and pick up a cheap used 40GB drive.

Comment

Originally posted by wfischer
        I doubt you want to pay to ship an old HD to Alaska, but maybe next week I can hit up my new favorite place to shop and pick up a cheap used 40GB drive.
        sound's like a plan............but now I wander what it would cost from NC.

VINNY

i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
        16GB RAM
        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Working...
        X