This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse problem

When I boot from the CD I get stuck because my mouse on the laptop is not working. I have an external mouse attached through a usb port. I get
    "Mouse not attached"
    "A:\>"
    How would you suggest i get around this?

Mouse problem

Originally posted by Chamba

I have an external mouse attached through a usb port. I get
    "Mouse not attached"
    "A:\>"
    That may be a problem. Can you tell more -- is this an external USB "hub'? If so, can you plug the mouse directly into a USB connector on the laptop? If the USB connectivity is dependent on drivers written for Windows, that's not going to work. :P

Comment

Re: Mouse problem

The external mouse is plugged into the USB. Is there a way i can get around it by giving a command that has it continue without the mouse and then later inmport the necessary driver? Or can i get a driver that i install while in the Windows XP that is currently on the computer?

Comment

Sorry that is the USB on the laptop, no HUB.

Comment

Download and use the Alternate Install CD. It uses a text mode installer, and you should be able to navigate it with the tab key, the spacebar, and the Enter key.

However, I would have expected the Live CD to detect that USB mouse -- I'm not confident that it's going to work after installation of Kubuntu.

Comment

the Alternate CD gave me the same problem.

Comment

If you can boot the Live CD, open a terminal, and run
              Code:
              lsusb
              it will show the USB bus and everything that it recognizes. I'm guessing your mouse won't show up.

Do you have multiple USB connectors on that laptop? All USB connectors are not created equal -- is that a fancy mouse that needs power? If yes, you might try the other USB connectors -- usually there is one that supplies some amount of power (a small amount).

Comment

Working...
              X