This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Averatec 3200 won't connect to internet

(!) Your laptop IS supposed to work with (K)Ubuntu. I don't understand why your ethernet connection doesn't JUST WORK. Can you post your /etc/network/intrfaces file?

Comment

Re: Averatec 3200 won't connect to internet

The end of the saga, but just the beginning of another:

I gave up on the Averatec! It clearly was not going to work. The fact that Neither Kubuntu nor SuSE worked on it, while Kubuntu worked on the big computer with exactly the same connection, tells me that the laptop was defective. The last thing I tried was to download the livedisk of ubuntu, which also did not work on the Averatec, even though it comes with Firefox on the livedisk.

So I decided to browse laptops at a couple of stores and ended up buying a $400 (after rebates) Compaq Presario V2552US (bottom of the Presario line, and probably bottom of the Compaq line).

And Voila! it works. I am presently logged on from the Compaq running Ubuntu. This afternoon I am going to install SuSE on this computer (since I already have it, and it's on regular distribution disks with documentation.)

Thanks again for all your help. I am relatively sure that the problem with the Averatec was in the computer, not in any of the configuration files.

Daniel

Comment

Working...
      X