This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wierd bootup issues

I don't know if anybody else has had similar problems to mine in the past, but if so please help. Whenever I boot up my laptop, my standard "Asus" splashscreen appears and then freezes there and refuses to go further. I then proceed to restart one more time, it then lets me in after about 30-45 seconds at the splashscreen and then continues to wait a command line boot screen with no commands for about 2 minutes. It is after that I am finally greeted with a very distorted "Kubuntu" graphic and I can finally get to the user login. How could I fix this or how should I go about it?
    Asus Notebook x83V-X1: Intel Core2Duo x64 @ 2.3ghz, 4gb DDR2 Ram, Nvidia GeForce 9600M GS, 320gb HDD<br />Kubuntu 10.04 LucidLynx x64

Re: Wierd bootup issues

It looks like there's not a lot of expertise here this hot summer weekend. I wish I could fill in but I'm not that skilled yet. However, this is looking like a video issue. Perhaps Google something like "Lucid Nvidia GeForce 9600M". I think some people have had trouble with drivers for that.

How did you install? From a CD can only result in a system which is up to date to the time the CD was written. Generally after an installation the first thing you should do is:

Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get upgrade
    The first one updates the package list on your computer, and the second one actually updates the software. It is possible that this will solve some things for you.

Comment

Working...
    X