Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Flash Videos in browser stopped working "correctly". Any ideas for fixing it?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flash Videos in browser stopped working "correctly". Any ideas for fixing it?

Hello fellow helpful kubuntu forum 10.04 folks,

Since last week, maybe the week before that, my flash videos were working great.
    I could watch flash videos on cnn.com, foxnews.com, local news websites, youtube, and just about everywhere else.
    That is until a week ago or last week.

Then all my flash boxes on my firefox browser, and google browsers stopped working "correctly".

Most of the time, I get black screens, and nothing is showing in them.
    All that appears is an empty black filled rectangle.

Sometimes, when it "does work", I see the controls like play, stop, pause at the bottom of the flash video
    , but get no video/no audio.

So, then I did what anyone reasonable would do, I went into kpackagekit. Went into the search field,
    typed flash, and uninstalled any flash package I had. Rebooted, prayed/hoped it would fix the problem
    uninstalling flash stuffs (kind of ironic here, uninstalling to hope it works). Of course, uninstalling didnt fix it.

So, I went over to "get.adobe.com/flashplayer" through firefox to see if there installer would work.
    There was a dropdown box, there were 5 options. I tried the .deb one. Downloaded that one. Ran it.
    Then I got an error, in which I attached the error to this post. which should appear on here somewhere.
    Error was:

So, 2 weeks later, i'm here without being able to view videos online.

Anyone have any tips I can try to see if I can get flash videos working?

Thanks,
    - U

----

10.04 LTS Kubuntu
    No idea what version of KDE comes with 10.04 Kubuntu
    Think I have Grub 2
    No other operating systems installed except Kubuntu

Desktop PC
    Athlon X3 440 64-Bit
    Nvidia 8500
    4 GB Ram
    2 of them, 160 Gig Hard Drives, No Raid because Kubuntu Fails to install when using RAID
    Attached Files

Re: Flash Videos in browser stopped working "correctly". Any ideas for fixing it?

Are you running 64-bit Kubuntu? If so then you may have to give up on using Flash at all because Adobe has suspended support for 64-bit flash on Linux.

Otherwise you can try some of the advice in this thread.

Edit

Well, I may have stated that too strongly. Lets just say that the last I heard was that 64-bit flash from Adobe was having serious problems. There's nothing stopping you from installing whatever in in the repos btw, so feel free to get flashplugin-nonfree (or whatever it is called on 10.04) from there.
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Re: Flash Videos in browser stopped working "correctly". Any ideas for fixing it?

You can find the 10.0r45 flash plugin (64-bit) on the Internet, to download, but Adobe has pulled it and it's gone from the Debian-based repos, due to bugginess and security vulnerabilities.

http://www.centos.org/modules/newbb/...25255&forum=38

Your system -- your risk.

Comment

Working...
      X