• Time
  • Show
Clear All

(SOLVED) Youtube fullscreen in mozilla

Hey guys
    ANother post from a twat who cant use a pc

I have been experiencing a weird problem recently
    Fullscreen youtube videos sit behind the browser
    its ok if i minimize the browser, but i watch a lot and its a pain with short videos

recently had to re/install desktop as something F'd up happened and was missing

(Somehow?? I sleep with my wireless k'board on my bed so that probably explains it - sleep-coding)

anyway this is geting to be a pain so if there is a fix i would love to hear from you

what ive tried so far
    reinstallin firefox
    tryng different pluggins
    purging all pluggins with some code i found
    now i definately am only running one

VLC and dragon player both work fine
    also the video that remains visible in the browser goes wierd with lines and stuff
    dont know if that means anything
    ANYWAY CHEERS IN ADVANCE
    Alan-keys

Re: Youtube fullscreen in mozilla

You can drop the F word from your otherwise decent help request. It doesn't impress anyone here; this isn't 4chan.

Have you tried updating to the latest Flash player plug-in? The latest version for Linux listed on Adobe.com is 10.1. The Ubuntu repos sometimes don't have the latest player. You can verify the version you have installed by visiting the About Flash Player page. When I go there it says "You have version 10,1,53,64 installed".
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

note taken, sorry im a builder

adobe is up to date, have checked updates and obviously searched, but cant find nought
      cheers anyhow

Comment

My computer does something similar, it's just that the computer stays focused on the browser instead of the full-screen thing. What I have to do is just hit "Alt+Tab" real quick and it switches to the full-screen thing and there are no more problems.
        Acer Aspire 5810TZ - Debian Sid (KDE 4.5.3)/Mac OS X 10.6.3<br />*Intel Pentium SU2700 @ 1.3GHz, 3 gig DDR3 RAM, Intel GMA x4500*<br /><br />Custom Desktop - Kubuntu 10.10 (KDE 4.6.1)<br />*2x Dual-Core Intel Xeon @3.2GHz, 3 gig RAM, NVIDIA GeForce 9500 GT*<br /><br />iPod Touch 4th Gen - iOS 4.1 (Greenpois0n Jailbreak)<br />*

Comment

YouTube recently changed the way the video buttons work. There is now an extra button which causes the video to pop out of the web page in a separate window. Is it possible you clicking that button and getting an unexpected result? I don't know whether the same button arrangement applies to all videos or only some.

I think I'm out of guesses at this point so hopefully someone else will come along and have more ideas.
          Welcome newbies!
          Verify the ISO
          Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

just had a second look and no it isn't that

one other piece of info now i think is that
            it only happens if im on a channel or if not after the 3rd or 4th video
            maybe that points to it being a youtube problem??

Comment

Might be a YouTube problem. It hasn't bothered me though.

Firefox on Linux is GTK, so I wonder if it is possible that GTK apps might have trouble forcing their windows to the top of the stack?

Did you try TN-048's advice? Does it work for you?
              Welcome newbies!
              Verify the ISO
              Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Can't say I can help you fix the issue, but can suggest an alternative.

If you are on youtube a lot, you can try minitube (it's in the repos) which directly streams from youtube without needing flash.

Neat little piece of software.

Comment

Originally posted by The Liquidator
                  Can't say I can help you fix the issue, but can suggest an alternative.

If you are on youtube a lot, you can try minitube (it's in the repos) which directly streams from youtube without needing flash.

Neat little piece of software.
                  OOO ............ nope it's no fix (and by the way it hapend to me today as well ) .....but that minitube IS sweet..............nice tip thare @Liquidator

VINNY
                  i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                  16GB RAM
                  Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Glad you like it Vinny I saw it reviewed in a mag over here.

Comment

Installed it, added the ppa and upgraded to version 1.0. This is a very nice little stand-alone application for youtube vids. Very nicely done.
                      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
                      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
                      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Originally posted by Snowhog
                        Installed it, added the ppa and upgraded to version 1.0. This is a very nice little stand-alone application for youtube vids. Very nicely done.
                        AAA upgrade ..........that's why I couldent copy the URL's to the clipbord or other aplacations

DL'd the 1.0 ver. from the PPA and instaled with GDebi and now thats fixed.......

BUT now the wife wont give me back my box.............LOL

VINNY
                        i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
                        16GB RAM
                        Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

Well I think i can safely say its a youtube or gnome stacking problem
                          had to do a complete re-install as things were getting very unstable

don't know if this counts as solved or not, i will wait a few more days to see if anyone has any other ideas

and the alt-tab trick is a go-er just not ideal

still cant understand what caused this but guess it must be something changed in an update

keys

Comment

Working...
                          X