This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ktorrent web interface

Is it posible to remotely control (using dyndns.org) my ktorent in Kubuntu using ktorrent web interface?
    And if posible how?
    is there any additional software I need to install to make this posible?
    I am now using Kubuntu 10.04 , Ktorrent 3.3.4 and linksys wa200g router (upnp ready).

Re: Ktorrent web interface

I've never done it, but you are looking for a plugin located in the "Plugins" menu. I found mine on the left side of the ktorrent menu.

Comment

yup.. Thanks for the reply.. I know about the plugin, I can control Ktorrent in local network via web interface. But what I want is to control it using internet .

Comment

I see there are some console based clients (bittornado, bittorent, rtorrent, etc) which should work from anywhere using SSH or Telnet. However if you want a php based interface for browser login, there is torrentflux. I haven't tried it though. I just had a quick look in Adept so I'm sure there are lots more.

Edit:
        I just realized what you are really asking. This has little to do with "Ktorrent" as such, but a matter of having access to the computer from the net. I assume that if Ktorrent has a server component then that should work just fine. As for the clients that use SSH or Telnet, well they will need an SSH or Telnet server, (sudo apt-get install ssh) both of which are trivial to install. If you have some kind of server like that, then you can connect to it from anywhere as long as you have a domain name or IP.

I can't run home servers so I haven't tried it, but it sounds like DynDNS is your free ticket. I'd give it a try. Really, all you need is a domain name. Here is a good description of what to do:
        http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/connect...etwork-dyndns/

and here: http://lifehacker.com/124804/geek-to...ome-web-server

Comment

Ok.. thanks, I just tried torrentflux.. hard for me I think, even harder to use CLI for ssh.. I tried to configure the mysql and all that server stuff configuration slowly.. but I will learn.. Ok I will inform you if I can manage to make it.. thanks for the links and reply..

Comment

You can control ktorrent from the internet and a web browser. You may need to setup port forwarding on your internet router. From what I've read on the plugin just now, it looks as though you can control it from any IP address you wish as long as the networking/port forwarding is setup.

Comment

i use transmission-daemon. i have never had much luck w/ ktorrents web interface (but i really also didn't fiddle w/ it much) the benifits i have found in using a daemon is that i don't have to be loged in to start it and the daemon also does not require X to be running at all (thus being most useful on my server)
              Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
              (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Working...
              X