This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wireless Linux HELP!!!! Ahh!

I just crossed over to the good side of linux since winblows has been driving me insane since 2001.

I installed Kubuntu on my laptop and i cant figure out how to install my bridgecom wireless card thats build into my laptop.

Even if i did find the file i wouldnt know where to start. Please help the new guy!

My onboard Ethernet port works fine but id really like my wireless card to work. In the network properties it shows my onboard port and my wireless card and when i try to enable my wireless card it keept going back to disabled. I tried disabling my onboard LAN port too

Re: Wireless Linux HELP!!!! Ahh!

Have a look at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WiFiHowTo and https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Wi...ght=%28wifi%29
    "A problem well stated is a problem half solved." --Charles F. Kettering
    "Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple."--Dr. Seuss

Comment

I still cant figure this out

Someone please help!

Comment

First which version of kubuntu did you install, If breezy, you will prob need to use ndiswrapper to install the windows driver and config it all manual through script. however there are many how to's about this problem in the forums how to section. If installing dapper most if not almost all popular builtin and external wifi adapters are already found upon install you would just need to go to wireless assistant under the internet in your main menu, put in your login password and see it it shows any wifi networks, if it does it already installed the drivers you need.

visit here for my guide on this for breezy, but should still hold true for dapper and built in wifi controllers.

good luck.
        &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

Working...
        X