So .. everytime I try to update the sytem

Kpackage kit says: Sorry An Unknown Error happened

Any ideas?

Re: So .. everytime I try to update the sytem

Open a console and type:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
    If you get any errors, copy and paste them in your reply.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Well...

I got no errors whatsoever with those two commands, but, when I tried to reboot it would not go anywhere except dropping to the command line.

(It did take over an hour to run the dist-upgrade)

I really had done nothing except load Kdevelop 4. I had tried to use an online tutorial for Kdevelop but I'm not sure it was 4 it was probably Kdevelop 3. Anyway since there was no real data there I just downloaded another .iso image and reformatted my Kubuntu partition.

Thanks for the help. (I would be cautious about using Kdevelop 4 for now ...)

Comment

I have been running lucid/kde-4.5 beta for a while now, and I booted my older 4.4 system and noticed a large number of updates. I didn't do it -- good thing, by looking at the messages posted about it.

Kdevelop probably had nothing to do with it, more than likely the massive update itself.

Go to the console, and try:
        Code:
        sudo apt-get install -f
        sudo dpkg --configure -a
        See if that gives any error messages.

Other thing to try (from the console):
        Code:
        sudo service kdm stop
        sudo service kdm start
        Note any error messages emitted.

If you are using a proprietary video driver, you may need to reinstall it, often after large upgrades.
        We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn't want to meet. -- Stephen Hawking

Comment

On the other hand, it really could be Kdevelop4. If you want to write GUI apps, I'd recommend Qtcreator as your IDE. It's in the repos. KDE is built with Qt, but Qt apps can also be built for other venues (like windoze).

Comment

Originally posted by askrieger
            On the other hand, it really could be Kdevelop4. If you want to write GUI apps, I'd recommend Qtcreator as your IDE. It's in the repos. KDE is built with Qt, but Qt apps can also be built for other venues (like windoze).
            +1 8)
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
            X