X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[SOLVED] Lost taskbar

Hi,
    I am not able to locate my missing taskbar...and i am new to this OS (Kubuntu 10.04); I clicked on something by mistake and it just disappeared...
    Now I can only use alt-tab to switch between windows.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600<br />4 GB RAM<br />GeForce 9800 GTX<br />Hitachi Deskstar 1TB<br />Seagate 250 GB<br /><br />Triple-booting Gentoo, Crunchbang &amp; Windows 7

Re: Lost taskbar

Try Alt-F2 "plasma-desktop" with no quote marks.

Comment

Originally posted by ElWray
      I am not able to locate my missing taskbar...and i am new to this OS (Kubuntu 10.04); I clicked on something by mistake and it just disappeared...
      Now I can only use alt-tab to switch between windows.
      Right-click on the Panel (in a place that has nothing) and select Panel Options > Add Widgets...
      Locate Task Manager and double-click to add it to the Panel.

Afterwards, do your self a favor and lock the widgets so you can't accidentally remove them. Three ways to do this:

1) Click on the 'cashew' in the upper-right corner of the screen and click on Lock Widgets
      2) Right-click on the Desktop and click on Lock Widgets
      3) Right-click on the Panel and select Panel Options > Lock Widgets
      Windows no longer obstructs my view.
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

It worked. Problem solved
        Thanks!
        Core 2 Quad Q6600<br />4 GB RAM<br />GeForce 9800 GTX<br />Hitachi Deskstar 1TB<br />Seagate 250 GB<br /><br />Triple-booting Gentoo, Crunchbang &amp; Windows 7

Comment

Happy to assist.

Forum etiquette asks that when you get your question resolved you return to your first post, click the modify button and add [SOLVED] to the subject line. This aids others when searching the forum on a similar problem, to focus in on those results that are so marked.
          Windows no longer obstructs my view.
          Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
          "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Working...
          X