This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check the status of a Kubuntu Order

Newbie liamfmfl sent me a PM to ask how to check the status of his Kubuntu CD order from Shipit. Since I always download Kubuntu I have no experience with Shipit, but I'm willing to help however I can. I'm posting this here just in case other newbies have the same question. If the mods think this information is helpful then we could make it into a HOWTO.

Originally posted by liamfmfl
    I ordered a Kubuntu Cd from shipit.
    How can I check that they actually have shipped the CD? Am I going to be notified by e-mail when they ship out the cd?
    So I go to the www.Kubuntu.org page and click on the Get Kubuntu button. From there I click on Shipit Questions, where I find this:

Originally posted by http://www.kubuntu.org/getkubuntu/shipit-faq
    CD Request Status
    We send out CDs on a weekly basis. You can check to see if your request has been sent to the factory by logging into ShipIt. Unfortunately we do not have additional information and can not track individual orders. We're sorry but we cannot provide information on individual orders, unless it was sent High Priority.
    So I click the ShipIt link which takes me to shipit.kubuntu.org. At the bottom of that page I see the link Check the status of an existing request. I click that link and it takes me to a Launchpad login. I logged in with my own Launchpad credentials and was directed to a page with the following sentence at the top:

We can send you a CD free of charge, but it will take from six to ten weeks to deliver, so you may prefer to download the CD image and record it yourself.
    Presumably if I had a Kubuntu CD on order with ShipIt, the status of the order would have been displayed on that page. So there you have it. Ordering Kubuntu from ShipIt means a 6 to 10 week wait. Otherwise, you can download the CD yourself, or take advantage of other forms of distribution.

So why did a random newbie decide to PM me of all people with this question? Who knows, but welcome to Kubuntu
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Re: Check the status of a Kubuntu Order

So why did a random newbie decide to PM me of all people with this question?
    He obviously read the good advice in the "welcome newbies" link in your sig!

Comment

Re: Check the status of a Kubuntu Order

Originally posted by askrieger
      So why did a random newbie decide to PM me of all people with this question?
      He obviously read the good advice in the "welcome newbies" link in your sig!
      After reading through that post I can't find the part where I invite newbies to PM me for help. Care to quote it to me?
      Welcome newbies!
      Verify the ISO
      Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Working...
      X