Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Slow Openoffice? This might be the solution!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slow Openoffice? This might be the solution!

I've just posted this and would be interested to know if it helps anyone else ...

http://bit.ly/9baPPn

Re: Slow Openoffice? This might be the solution!

Originally posted by TuxLove
    I've just posted this and would be interested to know if it helps anyone else ...

http://bit.ly/9baPPn

Nice work! I haven't been having this problem in OOo, but I'm still quite impressed with the way you chased down the source of the trouble.
    Welcome newbies!
    Verify the ISO
    Kubuntu's documentation

Comment

Originally posted by Telengard
      Nice work! I haven't been having this problem in OOo, but I'm still quite impressed with the way you chased down the source of the trouble.
      Ditto. No issues with OOo as you've documented, but then, I don't have a networked printer either. Still, nice work!
      Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007
      "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have a network printer via a printer wireless in an ad-hoc relationship with my Linksys WTR54G wireless router. I never have a pause when opening documents with OOo. However, the solution given wouldn't work for me because my dynamic IP address could be anything between 192.168.1.100 and *.105.

My .lock file shows:
        [Lockdata]
        User=jerry
        Host=sonyvgnfw140e
        Stamp=ECC31B648073B317554A7C7E6EB72408
        Time=Tue Jun 29 21:26:51 2010
        IPCServer=true
        And my /etc/host file includes:

127.0.0.1 localhost
        127.0.1.1 sonyvgnfw140e
        "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
        – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

Working...
        X