This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iphone 3gs + Kubuntu 10.04 ?

Can anyone help me with a way to run Itunes inside Kubuntu. I've tried several attempts with wine and different releases of Itunes but none were able to sync my I phone 3gs 16GB.

Please include the following information in your posts:

* What release of Kubuntu you are using: 10.04
    * If Kubuntu is installed, is it installed 'inside' of Windows (Wubi installation): Kubuntu only
    * What version of KDE you are using: KDE 4
    * What version of Grub you are using: Not sure
    * What other Operating Systems are installed. None

Information about your PC:

* Type (Desktop or laptop): HP Pavillion dv6000 laptop
    * CPU (Central Processor Unit) make (Intel, AMD, ?) AMD 64x2
    * GPU (Graphics Processor Unit) manufacturer and model not sure
    * RAM (how much installed) 2 GiB
    * HDs Toshiba mk2555gs (250GiB) internal
    * Optical Drives TSSTcorp CDDVDW TS-L632N internal
    HP Pavilion dv6000 | AMD Turion 64 x2 2Ghz | HDD Toshiba 250 GiB<br />Wireless- Antheros AR5001<br />Dual Boot: Kubuntu 10.4 | Kubuntu 8.10 (bt4)

Re: Iphone 3gs + Kubuntu 10.04 ?

You might want to look at this How to Download iTunes in Linux Ubuntu

Wine is available for installation through the default KPackageKit package manager or, you can install it from the CLI (console) with:
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install wine
    Therefore, ignore step 1, which just has you going to the WineHQ website and downloading the package manually.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

I have tried several different versions of Itunes within wine but can't seem to get them to work properly.
      Recently I tried gtkpod. This seems a better way to go. I have been able to sync music with Iphone and Ipod nano.

I am still working on getting viedo sent to device(s), music is working fine.
      HP Pavilion dv6000 | AMD Turion 64 x2 2Ghz | HDD Toshiba 250 GiB<br />Wireless- Antheros AR5001<br />Dual Boot: Kubuntu 10.4 | Kubuntu 8.10 (bt4)

Comment

Hi anadox402!

I have a iPhone 3G and can't seem to mount my phone on Amarok and gtkpod. Do you have any special package installed on Kubuntu 10.04?

I notice after installing iFuse that amarok and gtkpod detects my phone.

Comment

jepong:
          I am having a few issues myself at the moment and having a difficult time getting things back into place.
          When things are back to normal I will record what steps were needed. If I remember correctly I think all I needed was "libimobiledevice" to sync with gtkpod.

Comment

Working...
          X