This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop wireless card not working

I configured my desktop wireless card to automatic dhcp, but when I activated it, it would only activate for a second and then deactivate. I suspect it was never really activated. What could be wrong? Are Kubuntu's drivers wrong?

Re: Desktop wireless card not working

YOU ARE NOT ALONE! Unfortunately, you are faced with a very common (K)Ubuntu and Linux problem. Setting up wireless networking in Linux is difficult because there are a lot of companies manufacturing wireless chipsets and most of them don't provide information to Linux developers on how to interface to their chip sets.

Fortunately, you're not the only one to need to solve this problem. I advise going to the Ubuntu Wiki site and searching on the name of your wireless card. Somebody else has probably figured out to get your card working and posted the result.

Comment

check out this thread and see if it is all set up right as well and read up at the ndiswrapper source page, it might give you the needed info.

http://kubuntuforums.net/forums/inde...11361#msg11361

good luck
      &quot;Time fades even legend&quot;<br />-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

Comment

If you get it working, please post the make & model of your card, and what you did to get it working.

Comment

Working...
        X