This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help Setting up my Kubuntu.

My Main problem is that I can't connect to my wireless network if there were other computers connecting on it. But it is working if I use Windows XP or 7. Here's some Screenshots of my router's Settings. It may have error in configuration. I have Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187B Wireless 802.11g 54Mbps Network Adapter.
    I have Kubuntu 10.04
    [img width=400 height=166]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/kidz081989/Linux/LanInterface.png[/img]
    [img width=400 height=166]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/kidz081989/Linux/ADVSettings.png[/img]
    [img width=400 height=224]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l116/kidz081989/Linux/BasicSettings.png[/img]

Re: Help Setting up my Kubuntu.

having authentacation type set to auto (second screenshot) may be a prob.

try first seting to open (wile in open moad ENEYONE in range will be abele to conect) and see if you can conect......then if yes ......set it up with WPA password and set your Kubuntu network manager to the same password and see if it still works.

I'v never goten WEP to work with the stock network manager but WPA has.....

then report back your sucsess/faleyer

VINNY
    i7 4core HT 8MB L3 2.9GHz
    16GB RAM
    Nvidia GTX 860M 4GB RAM 1152 cuda cores

Comment

What happened next is that it continuously try activating and asking me the password repeatedly. I inputed correct password so i still don't get what's wrong with the configuration. When I use XP or 7, i can connect to my router together with other PC but when I use Kubuntu, I can connect only if I am the only one that is connected to the router. If other computer try to connect to the router, i lose my connection. I wonder what is the problem.

Comment

Good day to everyone.

At last, my wireless worked perfectly now. But my Kubuntu 10.04 now is 64bit. In 32bit kubuntu, my problem is still not solved. I wonder why. There is no changes in my router's configuration but in 64 bit, my Wireless Device worked perfectly.

Now my problem is, how to install my Modem,internal Card Reader and Nvidia GeForce G 105M

EDIT:

After the restart of my Laptop. My wireless again cant connect to my router. It keeps on asking for the password and keeps on activating but not connecting. I tried the Ndiswrapper in Kubuntu 10.04 64bit but still fail. Now, i cant even log in.

I guess, ill revert back to 32bit which the only problem is my modem, Internal Card Reader and Wireless.

Comment

Can I assume you are using knetworkmanager?

That happened to me once, and the solution I found was quite odd. It was to install the package network-manager-gnome. I don't for one minute think that downloading that package fixed the problem, but that one of its dependencies might have done. That might just do the trick for you.

Alternatively you could try installing wicd.

I also echo Vinny's comment that the "auto" setting might be an issue.

Comment

All of the settings suggested and I am now using Gnome Network manager. I can Connect to my wireless for the first time. After I perform a reboot, I can connect but i think theres a huge latency between my Router and PC. Then after some time, I will be disconnected. I am disconnected from time to time. I dont know why.

EDIT:
            I am still disconnected from time to time and it keeps on asking me the security password. After all of the asking, it connects then it suddenly disconnects. I'm getting frustrated about this.

Comment

Working...
            X