This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Banshee music player

Sorry for being a pain in the butt, but now I have something weird going on with Banshee. Whenever I run Banshee, it will open up for 5-10 seconds and then suddenly close. It didn't start doing that until I scanned my hard drive for music to add to the library. I suspect it picked up some sound files or something and added them to the library. I can't delete them from the library because the app closes before I can select the entries and delete them. I don't get any error messages when it does that. Is there a way to delete the library file and recreate it? I'm not sure where to find the library file..

Re: Banshee music player

Going to be hard to assist, as you haven't told us what version of Kubuntu you are running; what version of KDE; and what version of Banshee. :P
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

Oh, I guess that would help. I'm running KUbuntu 10.04 and the latest version of Banshee 1.6. I'm not exactly sure about the KDE version. I know I got the latest update. 22 or 23 what ever the latest patch was that just came out. How do I found out that version?

Comment

What can help in this situation is to reconfigure the application.

Open your home directory in dolphin and select view/hidden files. You will see a load more files, one of which will be .banshee. Rename it and run banshee again. It's configuration will be clean.

Alternatively you might try Amarok instead

Comment

Well, this is weird but it suddenly just started working.. I didn't do anything. Does that app "phone home" or something? Maybe it couldn't get through...

It would be nice to have a Winamp type app that runs under Linux and not through Wine. I've looked at Songbird which is the closest thing to Winamp that I could find but it doesn't rip CD's.

Comment

Originally posted by ghendric
            Well, this is weird but it suddenly just started working.. I didn't do anything. Does that app "phone home" or something? Maybe it couldn't get through...
            If you are concerned about a Mono app "phoning home" you can check its source code to see what it does. However, Mono is a clone of .NET, which is Microsoft's API. Check my sig.
            "A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people.”
            – John F. Kennedy, February 26, 1962.

Comment

It would be nice to have a Winamp type app that runs under Linux and not through Wine.
              Try out audacious2. I use it to listen to mp3s, ogg files, etc, as well as cds (which play fine under Audacious 2.3, which is the version that comes in Lucid).

Just open up synaptic (or your package manager) and type : audacious. it's easy to use and just plays music, rather than adding on a lot of effects and libraries (which I'm not personally a fan of).

Mike

Comment

Working...
              X