This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kubuntu NBR over Ubuntu NBR is there a way ?[SOLVED]

I currently have Ubuntu NBR, and I notice in synaptic there is also Kubuntu NBR. I'd like to try it, because I'm more familiar with a KDE interface, but,,,I don't want to add additional 700 + MB's to my disk. Can my current NBR be over written ?

Thank you in advance.

Re: Kubuntu NBR over Ubuntu NBR is there a way ?

Well, in the same way that you installed Ubuntu NBR, which 'overwrote' what ever you had on the Netbook, installing Kubuntu NBR (a distructive installation) will replace the OS (Ubuntu NBR) that is already there.
    Windows no longer obstructs my view.
    Using Kubuntu Linux since March 23, 2007.
    "It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data." - Sherlock Holmes

Comment

So, your saying don't use synaptic ? And when you say destructive, how so ?

Comment

if you install from the disk then it will format your disk. if you don't want to do that you can install the kubuntu-plasma-netbook package ( that should pull the rest of kubuntu NBE) you can install that w/ synaptic, then at log in you can choose kde or gnome (via sessions menu) or after that you can remove gnome parts from your system (although its faster to just reinstall if that is the case)
        Mark Your Solved Issues [SOLVED]
        (top of thread: thread tools)

Comment

Thank you. I don't have a disk or even an external CD drive. So I'll do it from synpatic.

Comment

Working...
          X